Sebastian has drawn all his life. A member of Melbourne’s Blender Studios since early 2012, he carries on two separate practices. A keen interest in destructive forces as creation and a love of the letter form as object has compelled him to avidly pursue a graffiti-oriented route of inquiry.
This exists alongside a slower, more considered and effectively very dark drawing process, through which Sebastian attempts to understand his compulsion to make and destroy, using this inner contemplation as a springboard to create bleak, psychological and abstracted landscape drawings which attempt to ask similar questions of humanity at large.
Central to this practice is the notion that no one can ever comprehend anything outside of themselves, and it is when we observe the natural world that this idea is most resonant. We are at odds with our environment and each other, and this is neither good nor bad.
- Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) Drawing, 2011, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- STREET AND ART COLLIDE – Blender Studio
- Artists – Past and Present’ – Shoalhaven City Arts Centre, Sydney, March/May 2014
- ‘Blender Studios Christmas Exhibition 2013’ – Dark Horse Experiment, Melbourne, December 2013
- ‘Easy Riders’ – Heritage Hill, Dandenong, March/April 2013
- ‘Blender Studios Christmas Exhibition 2012’ – Dark Horse Experiment, Melbourne, December 2012
- ‘NotFair 2012 – Primal Mutation’ – Thousand Pound Bend, Melbourne, August 2012
- ‘Drawing twenty eleven’ – RMIT Drawing Graduating Show, RMIT University, Melbourne, 2011