Jenny Mai Hall
Jenny Mai Hall is a visual artist who works across various mediums including photography, printmaking, painting, performance and video.
Her work explores 'the everyday' in connection with and in contrast to the fragility of the human condition. The reflective surface of the mirror. acts of narcissism, the transparency of the screen and the mask of celebrity. Hall's videos are self portraits, that are often confronting as she plays with notions of beauty, identity and gender politics.
Jenny Mai Hall, Joel Gailer and Michael Mennegetti are the primary members of Performprint (www.performprint.com.au) .
"By the incorporation of different fields of interest (print and performance) we want the audience to experience the relevance of print as a performative vehicle. This is printmaking expressed through durational performance and risk taking to create a mash-up of ideas about live art, printmaking, the gender ego, endurance and stereotypes."
- 2006 Graduate Diploma of Education (Double Method Visual Arts), Monash University Clayton Campus Vic. Australia
- 2005 Bachelor of Fine Arts (Printmaking) Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne, Vic. Australia
- 2000 Diploma of Visual Arts Swinburne Tafe, Wantirna Campus Vic. Australia
- Dolly - Melbourne Projection Space, 110 Franklin St Melbourne
- Hair Today - Current Projects @ Ryan Renshaw, Fortitude Valley, QLD
- Hair Today - Melbourne Propaganda Windows @ Dark Horse Experiment Gallery, 110 Franklin St. Melbourne
- Going Down Town - Burringa Upwey, Vic.
- Hair Today - Melbourne Propaganda Windows @ Michael Koro Gallery, 110 Franklin St. Melbourne
- Recent Works - Gallery 369, Swinburne Wantirna Campus, Vic
- Micro/Macro, Burrinja, Gallery Upwey Vic
- Blender Group Show, Dark Horse Experiment, Melbourne, Vic
- Fried Fat and Fatal, Fatspace Gallery, Tecoma, Vic
- Open Studios, Burrinja Gallery Upwey, Vic
- Artbox-120 seconds, Big screen Federation Square Melbourne, Vic
- Lighthouse Annual Art Action, ACCA, Southgate Melbourne
- The Cancer Council Art Award, Travelling Exhibition Melbourne & regional Vic
- Electundra Audio-Visual Fest, Loop Bar, Melbourne
- Burnie Print Prize, Burnie Regional Gallery, Burnie, TAS
- Past Students Exhibition, Gallery 369, Swinburne Tafe, Wantirna Campus
- Hatched, (PICA.) Perth Institute of Contemporary Art
- Geidai and VCA Printmakers, Geidai University, Tokyo JAPAN & VCA
- VCA-Graduate Exhibition, Victorian College of The Arts, Melbourne
- Proud, VCA Gallery, Melbourne
- Lucato Peace Prize, Student Gallery. VCA, Melbourne, Vic
- Artz Blitz, Kingston Arts Centre, Moorabbin, Vic
- Edges-Graduation Exhibition , Mira Fine Arts Gallery, Flinders St., Melbourne
- Performprint, Burnie Print Prize. Burnie TAS
- Performprint, ‘The Bureau for the Organization of Origins’ Blindside, Melbourne
- Performprint, Salon 2016, CCP Collingwood Vic
- Performprint, ‘Out of the Matrix’ RMIT Melbourne 3000
- Performprint, ‘PIC fair 2016’ Queensbridge Squ.South Bank, Vic