Randall's studio practice explores the genre of still life painting, through the medium of oil paint on wood. The objects she chooses to render are objects that sit quietly in the world, overlooked in the business of our daily life. The way we relate to these objects is in one way how we relate to each other. In the moments of their use, these objects give us space for reflection and communication, drawing people together to the table. As such, her body of work examines the relationship between people through their objects. These painted objects act as a metaphor for the individual and speak collectively to the notion of communion.
Randall completed a Bachelor of Creative Arts in Wollongong in 2013, a Master of Fine Arts at RMIT in 2015 and a Grad Certificate of Arts in Art History at the University of Melbourne in 2016. She has exhibited in NSW and Melbourne since 2008, in 2013 she was awarded the $1000 William Fletcher Foundation Grant and awarded the RMIT Community Award in 2015 coinciding with her Masters. Her recent Artist in Residences have brought her to Launceston TAS, and Bangkok, Thailand
- 2016 Graduate Certificate of Arts, Art History. University of Melbourne
- 2015 Masters of Fine Art, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- 2013 Bachelor of Creative Arts, Visual Arts, Wollongong
- To the Table II, Black Cat Gallery, Collingwood VIC
- The Pantry, Alternating Current Art Space, Windsor VIC
- Ambrosia, West End Art Space, Melbourne VIC
- To the Table, BlackCat Gallery, Hawthorn East VIC
- Entwined, Breathing Colours, Balmain, Sydney NSW
- Object/ Subject, Blender Pop-Up Space, Docklands VIC
- Blender Studios Christmas Show, Dark Horse Experiment, Docklands VIC
- Private Treasures, Public Pleasures. Orange Regional Gallery, NSW (April)
- Black & White, Black Cat Gallery, Collingwood VIC
- Across the Sea, Black Cat Gallery, Collingwood VIC
- 12th International Art Residency Exhibition, Poh Chang Academe of Art, Bangkok, Thailand.
- International Art Residency Exhibition, Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi (RMUTT), Thailand.
- Summer Salon, Alternating Current Art Space, Windsor VIC’
- Exploration 16, Flinders Lane Gallery, Melbourne VIC. An annual showcase of emerging and unsigned artists.
- Chalk & Cheese, Alternating Current Art Space, Windsor VIC
- RMIT MFA Graduate Exhibition
- Graduate Art and Design Exhibition, Long Gallery, School of Law, Arts and Humanities, University of Wollongong
- My Way Home, Faculty of Creative Arts/ University of Wollongong, NSW. (Exhibited and Curated)
- Post Cards from the Edge, Wollongong City Gallery, Wollongong NSW
- 100 Miles, Orange Regional Gallery, Orange NSW
- Donated artwork towards the charity function of Ronald Mc Donald House, Orange NSW
- Group exhibition, Orange Art Society, Orange NSW Donated Painting to Ronald Mc Donald House
- Group Exhibition, Orange Art Society, Orange NSW
- Donated Painting to Ronald Mc Donald House
- 2015 Masters of Fine Art, RMIT Community Award
- 2013 William Fletcher Foundation, $1000 grant for young artists studying in final year of an undergraduate degree
- 2008 Mavis Turner Award for Excellence in Art
- 2007 Australian National Field Days Young Artist Award
- 2018 Jeonnam International Sumuk Biennale, Mokpo City, South Korea (August- September 2018)
- 2018 Poh Chang Academe of Art, Bangkok, Thailand. Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna (RMUTL), Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 2017 West End Art Space, West Melbourne
- 2017 12th International Art Residency & Workshop in Poh Chang Academe of Art, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2017 International Art Residency & Workshop at Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi (RMUTT), Thailand.
- 2016 Kings Bridge Cottage Artist in Residency, Launceston TAS
- 2018 ‘The Message’, Melbourne Fringe Festival, Yarra Sculpture Gallery
- 2012 'My Way Home', Faculty of Creative Arts/ University of Wollongong, NSW.
- 2018 Gallery Manager, Dark Horse Experiment, Docklands, Melbourne VIC
- 2017- 8 Gallery Manager, Yarra Sculpture Gallery, Abbotsford VIC
- 2016- present: Board Secretary for Alternating Current Art Space, Windsor, Melbourne VIC
- 2017-8, Curator, West End Art Space, Melbourne
- 2015 Vice President of the RMIT Graduating Club, running an Art Auction Fundraiser, Graduation Exhibition & Grad Book
- 2013 University of Wollongong/ School of Creative Arts, Engagement Day, Studio workshops University of Wollongong/ School of Creative Arts, Discovery Day, Studio workshops (Feb 2013) Volunteer at Gallery Eight, Miller’s Point, Sydney
Selected Group Exhibitions
Awards and Grants